Senior Scientist, Target Discovery
We are looking for a Senior Scientist to join our newly established Target discovery team in Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) Pharmacology unit. The successful candidate will become integral member of a dynamic, rapidly growing and highly collaborative matrix environment focusing on preclinical ADC discovery and development. Target discovery team is responsible for identifying drug targets amenable to therapeutic manipulation via ADCs. The Senior Scientist is expected to design and supervise the execution of relevant experiments to answer critical questions about targets under evaluation. The position will provide a unique opportunity to play a fundamental role in the development and expansion of Sotio’s ADC programs to advance next-generation cancer therapeutics.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Focus on validating novel targets to accelerate preclinical ADC programs.
- Proficient in reviewing relevant scientific literature and other available resources to identify novel targets and develop protocols for validation experiments.
- Provide critical technical expertise and ensure day-to-day performance of the target discovery team members.
- Manage a small team of dedicated lab technicians and scientists.
- When applicable design and manage outsourced studies.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of experiments, evaluate data, prepare reports and presentations in English in a timely manner.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team within drug discovery to achieve shared goals.
Competences, Skills and Qualification
- PhD degree in cancer biology is preferred, alternatively PhD degree in cell/molecular biology with solid understanding of cancer biology.
- Experience in oncology target validation projects.
- Experience in supervising or mentoring others in the laboratory.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture, cell-based assays, and molecular biology techniques to study proliferation, cytotoxicity, drug response etc. experiments. Techniques included, but not limited to, proliferation assessment, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, Western blotting, RT-qPCR.
- Ability to conduct data analysis using Microsoft Excel, GraphPad PRISM, or equivalent software.
- Must have strong attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment and ability to work on multiple programs simultaneously.
- Flexibility to acquire additional competencies and skillsets as needed.
- Should be highly independent, proactive, and organized.
- Knowledge of the English language on the professional level is required (written and verbal communication skills).
- Working with hazardous biological and chemical substances under the appropriate safety measures is part of the job description.
- Hepatitis B vaccination will be required.
- Working knowledge of live cell imaging (such as IncuCyte) and image analysis is an advantage.
- Understanding of drug development is preferred.
Prague, Czech Republic