Senior Scientist, IHC & Dx development
We are looking for a Senior Scientist to join our IHC & Dx development team in Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) Pharmacology unit. The successful candidate will become integral member of a dynamic, rapidly growing and highly collaborative matrix environment focusing on preclinical ADC discovery and development. The Senior Scientist is expected to design and supervise the execution relevant IHC & Dx experiments to answer critical questions about targets under evaluation. The position will provide a unique opportunity to play a fundamental role in the development and expansion of Sotio’s ADC programs to advance next-generation cancer therapeutics.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Design and troubleshoot IHC, ISH and FISH assays for preclinical ADC programs.
- Provide critical technical expertise and ensure day-to-day performance to the IHC & Dx development team members.
- Manage a small team of dedicated lab technicians and scientists.
- When applicable design and manage outsourced studies.
- Proficient in reviewing relevant scientific literature and other available resources to develop protocols for experiments.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of experiments, evaluate data, prepare reports and presentations in English in a timely manner.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team within drug discovery to achieve shared goals.
Competences, Skills and Qualification
- PhD degree in cancer/cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, histology, or related fields.
- Hands-on experience in IHC, ISH and FISH assays to study target expression in pathological and healthy tissues.
- Experience in supervising or mentoring others in the laboratory.
- Must have strong attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment and ability to work on multiple programs simultaneously.
- Flexibility to acquire additional competencies and skillsets as needed.
- Should be highly independent, proactive, and organized.
- Knowledge of the English language on the professional level is required (written and verbal communication skills).
- Ability to conduct image analysis using HALO or equivalent software is preferred.
- Experience with oncology projects is preferred.
Prague, Czech Republic