We are looking for two highly motivated laboratory scientists to join our In vitro team in our Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) Pharmacology division. The successful candidates will become integral members of a dynamic, rapidly growing and highly collaborative matrix environment focusing on preclinical ADC development. The Scientists or Junior Scientists are expected to design and execute relevant in vitro experiments to answer critical questions about compounds and targets under evaluation. The positions will provide a unique opportunity to play a fundamental role in the development of Sotio’s preclinical ADC programs to advance next-generation cancer therapeutics.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Design, execute and troubleshoot cell-based assays for preclinical ADC discovery.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of experiments, evaluate data, prepare reports and presentations in English for internal meetings in a timely manner.
- Proficient at reviewing relevant scientific literature and other available resources to build protocols for compound and target validation experiments.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team within drug discovery to achieve shared goals.
- Flexibility to acquire additional competencies and skillsets as needed.
- Should be highly independent, proactive, and organized.
Competences, Skills and Qualification
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in cancer/cell/immunology/molecular biology or related fields with 3 years of in vitro pharmacology experience, for the Scientist or Junior Scientist position, respectively.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture, cell-based assays, and molecular biology techniques to screen compounds in proliferation, cytotoxicity, drug response etc. experiments. Techniques included, but not limited to, proliferation assessment, flow cytometry, ELISA, Western blotting, RT-qPCR.
- Hands-on experience in the processing of single-cell suspension from mammalian tissues and tumors.
- Ability to conduct data analysis using Microsoft Excel, GraphPad PRISM, or equivalent software.
- Must have strong attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment and ability to work on multiple programs simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the English language on the professional level is required (written and verbal communication skills).
- Working knowledge of live cell imaging (such as IncuCyte) and image analysis is an advantage.
- Experience with oncology projects is preferred.
- Working with hazardous biological and chemical substances under the appropriate safety measures is part of the job description.
- Hepatitis B vaccination will be required.
- Title of positions (Scientist/Junior Scientist) will be matched with candidates’ qualifications and years of experience.