Scientist in Biomarker and Translational research
- SOTIO Biotech a. s. has an exciting career opportunity available in our Preclinical Development Dept., Prague. Bring your diverse experiences and work within an exceptional, science-focused environment
- In our Biomarker team, you will work with an experienced team focused on the translational science, identification of predictive biomarkers and biomarkers for assessing drug efficacy in the context of immuno-oncology approaches to shed light on various clinically relevant immuno-oncology areas
- For our team, we are searching for a talented and motivated candidate
Key activities and responsibilities
- Provide input on experimental design and initiate, conduct, and interpret data from in house translational studies (FACS, IHC, RNAseq) (protocol, reports, summary presentation in English)
- Implementation and execution of the translational/ biomarker testing activities for both early and later phase clinical programs in oncology
- Operational support of the work with CRO on translational/biomarker assays during conduct of clinical trials
- Analyze and interpret cancer genomic data (RNA seq, Nanostring, and other advanced genetic datasets) and other data (IHC, FACS) in the context of immune-oncology approaches
- Provide expertise to support the project team from early discovery to early clinical development.
- Work in an integrated project team and consult with subject matter experts as necessary.
Competence, skills, and qualification
- Ph.D. degree with advanced education and training preferentially in Immunology, or Molecular biology.
- Demonstrated familiarity with experimental work and/or immunology/cancer biology/translational science/biomarker/oriented projects
- Demonstrated previous experience in successfully leading a scientific project and writing a scientific publication
- A highly collaborative spirit and willingness to work in collaboration with several different teams and clinicians
- Fluent written and spoken English (B2 level)
- Understanding scientific concepts and experience in biomarkers and CDx operations