Cytometrist - scientist
For a new Cytometrist scientist position we are currently looking for a highly motivated colleague to support our scientific and development teams. Cytometrist will be responsible for a daily operation and maintenance of flow cytometry devices and associated equipment. You will participate in designing new panels, troubleshooting, provide support in data evaluation and training. You will work collaboratively with principal investigators, research staff and managers in various research and development projects in areas including but not limited to immune-oncology and cancer biology. We offer a full-time position with long-term perspective in an inspiring academic environment.
- Provide a daily maintenance and technical support of flow cytometry equipment, computer systems and associated equipment.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of standard operating procedures and protocols appropriate to a large, fast-paced multi-user environment ensuring cytometric measurement standardization.
- Provide a new user training, application software training and develop training materials and manuals.
- Design cytometric multicolor panels and cooperation in developing specialized techniques to support new methodologies in cytometric procedures and assays.
- Support in sample measurements, cytometric data analysis and evaluation raw data quality.
- Manage data storage and backup and collaborate closely with IT department in maintaining network architecture and connections to facilitate data transfer.
- Cooperate closely with vendors in communicating the latest available flow cytometry techniques and applications.
- MSc or PhD in a relevant biomedical field (immunology, biology, molecular biology, cell biology, microbiology or biochemistry) that includes at least 3 years of direct flow cytometry experience.
- Technical background across an array of complex flow cytometric equipment and assays
- English - fluent written and spoken
- Strong didactic and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team and willingness to collaborate in the planning of research projects
- Independent judgement and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail, adaptability and self-motivation