- SOTIO, a. s. has an exciting career opportunity available in our Preclinical Development Dept., Prague. Bring your diverse experiences and work within an exceptional, science-focused environment.
- We are looking for a suitable candidate with specialization in computational biology approaches within the Preclinical department with the focus on biological drugs development.
- You will work with an experienced team focused on the identification of predictive biomarkers and biomarkers for assessing drug efficacy in the context of immuno-oncology approaches to shed light on various clinically relevant immuno-oncology areas
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Application of relevant computational and bioinformatics methods to cancer genomic data (RNAseq, Nanostring and other advanced genetic datasets)
- Computational analyses in the context of immuno-oncology
- Application of statistical approaches to biological problems
- Provide expertise to support the project team from early discovery to early clinical development.
- Work in an integrated project team and consult with subject matter experts as necessary.
Competences, Skills and Qualification
- Education in the life science area, preferentially Bioinformatics, computational biology, molecular biology or similar with a PhD or Master degree.
- Demonstrated familiarity with analyzing and deciphering transcriptomic/genomic data, deriving systems biology-driven networks from omics data
- Demonstrated previous experience with computational programming (e.g. R language/Python/MATLAB or others)
- Demonstrated previous experience with analysis of publicly available cancer genetic expression datasets (especially TCGA datasets and GEOdatasets)
- Skills in the application of statistical approaches to biological problems (e.g. statistical testing, linear modelling), good communication skills
- A highly collaborative spirit and willingness to work in collaboration with several different teams and clinicians
- Fluent English (written and spoken)